THE OLD SEYMOUR HOMESTEAD, LITCHFIELD, FROM A DAGUERREOTYPE
Major Moses Seymour and Molly Marsh, his wife, went to live in this house on their marriage, Nov. 7, 1771. Here they lived and died, and here all their children were born. The house was built in 1735 either by Colonel Ebenezer Marsh, Sr., Molly's father, or by Thomas Grant, and was demolished in 1855.
From a daguerreotype furnished by Judge Origen S. Seymour of Litchfield.